These chocolate crinkle cookies are so pretty and also delicious – one of our holiday favorites!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter at room temp (I use vegan butter)
- Small handful crushed nuts (pecans, walnuts, peanuts)
- Small handful shredded coconut
- Anything else you can think of
- Small bowl of powdered sugar (to coat the cookies)
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients together. You can do this by hand but I just used my mixer.
- Combine wet + dry ingredients until it forms a slightly sticky dough. (Note: if you plan to add in extra crushed nuts etc, now’s the time.)
- Wrap dough and refrigerate for a couple hours (I did mine overnight).
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take dough out of fridge and allow to warm up on the counter for 30 mins.
- Make little round dough balls about 1 inch in diameter by rolling it between your palms. Make all your cookie balls first and place them on the baking sheet.
- When all your cookie balls are made, roll each one in powdered sugar until fully coated. (You can roll them in sugar as you make each ball but I find it’s less messy to do all the coating at the end.)
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool before eating (they taste better that way).