I adore these little donut bites so I thought I’d share the recipe. You don’t need an oven, but you do need a specific cake pop appliance to make these. However, it’s fairly inexpensive, I’ve had mine for years and it’s held up really well so personally I think it’s worth it for the homemade donut yum.
The Cake Pop Appliance I use can be found at: Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Amazon. It comes with the appliance, special prongs (really useful), cooling rack (with little holes), and recipes.
Dry ingredients (combine in a bowl and mix):
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cloves
Wet ingredients (combine in a separate bowl and mix):
- 1 egg (whisked lightly with a fork)
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup milk (or soy milk)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (white or half white/half brown works too)
- 1/3 cup melted butter (or sunflower oil)
- 1-2 tsp vanilla
- Small bowl of sunflower oil or melted butter (~3-4 tablespoons)
- Small bowl of cinnamon sugar (mix 1/2 cup white sugar and 2-3 tbsp cinnamon)
- Preheat your Cake Pop appliance – just plug it in, when the light turns green, it’s ready to use.
- Combine the contents of your wet and dry ingredient bowls and mix.
- Lightly spray the appliance’s baking tray with cooking oil. Spoon batter into each little hole – each one should be filled about half-way. Don’t overfill them or they’ll overflow.
- Close and bake for 3-5 minutes. They’ll be softly golden brown when done.
- Use prongs to remove them from the heat and cool on the designated rack for about 1 min.
- When they’re cool enough to touch (but still warm!), brush them with melted butter (or sunflower oil), then roll them in the cinnamon sugar until fully coated.
- Place them on a drying rack until they’re all complete.
- Repeat until your batter is used up.
- Cake pop appliance kit: Walmart | Bed Bath & Beyond | and Amazon
- Glass jar: The Container Store
- Label maker: Amazon | Walmart | The Container Store
- Hex coasters: Crate & Barrel
- Utensil crock (similar): McGee & Co
- Wood utensils (similar): Bed Bath & Beyond | Bed Bath & Beyond
- Rectangular cutting board: Amazon
- Salt cellar (similar): Crate & Barrel
- White ceramic vases (set of 3): Amazon | Similar: Wayfair
- Drawer pulls: Amazon | Similar: Schoolhouse
- Cabinet knobs: CB2 (mine were sold out and replaced with these very similar ones)
- White ceramic bunny: Crate & Barrel (sold out)
Leave a Reply