I love filling our home with artwork we’ve made ourselves and the holidays are no different! So this isn’t so much a “tutorial” as it is just sharing an easy idea for a way to add a personalized festive touch to your home at Christmas with materials you probably already have on hand!
For the square gallery wall in our Living Room (left), I drew a bunch of different Christmas trees on white cardstock in pencil then traced over them with a permanent marker to create minimal Scandinavian-style holiday art. For the vintage frames in our Game Room (right), I used black cardstock and a white marker.
- Gallery wall frames: Crate & Barrel
- White cardstock: Michaels | Amazon | Walmart
- Black cardstock: Michaels | Amazon | Walmart
- White marker: Michaels | Amazon | Walmart
Examples of other DIY art we’ve made for our home:
- Textured Canvas Art in our Dining Room
- Wood Block Art in our Basement
- Painted Canvas Art in our Guest Bedroom
Other easy DIY Christmas tutorials we’ve done:
- How to Make Paper Stars from Lunch Bags
- How to Make Paper Christmas Trees
- How to Make Salt-Dough Ornaments
- How to Make Modern Wooden Tabletop Trees
- How to Make a Minimal Wooden Christmas Village