- Accordion paper trees: H&M Home | West Elm
- Metal reindeer: Crate & Barrel
- Swag above basket: DIY | Similar: Afloral
- Paper stars: Tutorial
- Grapewood branches: Pottery Barn | West Elm
- White pedestal bowl: Crate & Barrel
- Natural dried stems: West Elm
- Pulls: Amazon (drawers) | Amazon (cabinets)
- Natural rectangle pillow: H&M Home | Similar: Urban Outfitters | Wayfair | Wayfair
- Patterned square pillows (similar): CB2 | Anthropologie | Wayfair | H&M Home
- Gray rectangle pillow (similar): McGee & Co | Urban Outfitters
- Cabinetry: designed and built by us | Tutorial: How to Build a Window Seat
- White textured duvet cover: West Elm
- White bedcover: Overstock
- Sheet set: Parachute
- Euro pillow covers: Amazon
- Swing-arm lights: Rejuventation | Shorter version: Rejuvenation
- Similar lights: West Elm | West Elm
- Faux fur pillows: Amazon | Similar: Pottery Barn
- Lumbar pillow: CB2
- Winter wreath: Home Depot (right pic)
- Summer wreath: Tutorial (left pic)
- Dark color: BM Soot in satin. You will notice in the pictures above that this paint color looks very different in each pic. Neither image is filtered or color corrected, however I chose these two pics for our website because they show the range that this color has. The left picture was taken in the summer with green leaves from our windows reflecting off it. The right picture was taken in winter with white snow reflecting in from the windows. So you can see that each season changes the tone of this color quite a lot and draws out different undertones. This is the same dark color as we used in our pantry, powder bathroom, and the accent in my closet where it often looks pure black.
- Light color: BM Simply White in flat
- Shiplap: Tutorial & Info
- Flooring: laminate, Lionel by Evoke (possibly no longer available)
- Windows: SW Tricorn Black | Fiberglass, custom made
- Ceiling height: ~15-ft
To explore other rooms in our home, click here for our website roadmap.
To follow our daily progress and house projects, follow us on Instagram @ahousewebuilt.
Hi there, beautiful home!! Thank you for sharing 🙂 My question – and I promise I have already checked your blog, IG, like to know it, and searched around on your website, so if I missed it, I apologize! – what is the color of the dark shiplap in your master bedroom? And is it the same color in the powder bath?
Hi – All our paint colors are listed on our home page under FAQs and in the post above 🙂
Hey! Can you tell us how you did your shiplap? Thanks 🙂
Hi – yes, we have a tutorial for it here: https://www.ahousewebuilt.com/shiplap/
Paul Rosas says
Hi, my wife and I are getting ready to build and we stayed in a boutique hotel that had a wall as a headboard and I am wondering what the area behind your bed looks like and how you utilized the space. The hotel used it as the shower. ( Our plans have a separate shower) but I’m hoping to include a wall like it. I just want ideas on what is there.
Hi, it’s more of our master suite – interconnected spaces.
I’m loving the blue/grey paint for the bedroom. I see you have listed it as BM Simply White + Soot – what company is that please?
Thanks so much
BM is the company.
abby scot simmonds says
Ah apologies, I have now found the paint as Benjamin Moore – did you mix soot and white to make the bluey grey colour?
No, there are two paint colors listed because there are two paint colors used in this room: a light color and a dark color. They are not mixed.
Hi do you mind me asking where your side tables are from? They’re beautiful x
They’re listed above in this post ^ (called “nightstands”)
I love this look! Do you use a duvet cover as well?
Yes, the white blanket on top is our “cat blanket”. We chose pretty, but lightweight blankets to put on top of our “real” begging that functionally protect our duvets from cat hair since we have cat allergies in our home as well as 5 cats. It’s makes laundry a lot easier.
Thanks so much for replying!
Where is your bed frame from?
We built it a long time ago (before this house). It’s basically a bunch of 2×10’s bolted together with slats inside – very simple structure.
I am actually in the process of putting black shiplap in our room…I love that you are using the wall as a headboard, is this a platform bed? I am having a hard time finding a frame. can you share pictures of the frame or recommend something similar?
We built our frame many years ago. It’s just simply made from 2x12s and 2x4s bolted together 🙂