These are our favorite Christmas cookies! We make a fresh batch every day over the holidays! They’re quite easy to make. The dough has to chill in the fridge overnight though so I just make it the night before we’re ready to bake (and I usually double the recipe), then every day leading up to Christmas I just throw a fresh batch of cookies in the oven. And as an added bonus, they make the house smell AMAZING!
I use this mixer: Amazon, with this attachment: Amazon, to make the dough.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup melted butter or sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix dry ingredients together in the mixer bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix on medium-high until fully combined. The dough should stick together perfectly. It should be neither sticky nor dry, and very easy to handle.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and allow to chill in fridge for 2 hours min (or overnight).
Cookie making instructions:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Remove dough from fridge and allow to warm up for 10 minutes.
- Grab little chunks of the dough to make little balls about an inch in diameter (roll them around between your palms to make them round). Then roll them in white sugar and place them on a lined baking tray. Do *not* squish them down, they’ll flatten and crinkle as they bake.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.
Follow us on Instagram @ahousewebuilt.
For more of our recipes, click here.
To explore rooms in our house, click here.
For more Christmas posts, click here.
Leave a Reply