I discovered these oatmeal pumpkin muffins totally by accident when I was craving something baked but couldn’t find a particular recipe I wanted so I heavily modified a few different recipes and created this ‘experiment’ muffin that actually turned out SO good that we’re going to make them again!! So I thought I’d share the recipe here for anyone else interested along with optional modifications!
Combine wet ingredients:
- 1/2 cup melted butter (or sunflower oil)
- 1 cup sugar (golden sugar is my preference)
- 1 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 eggs
Combine dry ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup large oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cloves
Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix. Then stir in 1 1/2 cup raisins. (You could also do cranberries, chopped walnuts or pecans, or anything else your heart desires).
Bake in lined muffin cups at 400 for 20 mins. Do the ‘poke’ test to be sure they’re done til whatever you’ve poked them with comes out clean.
If you’re feeling extra, after they’re baked (but still warm), you can brush the tops with a little oil and dunk them in cinnamon sugar.
- Island vase: Crate & Barrel
- Items in island vase: Amazon
- Long matte black drawer pulls: Amazon
- Short matte black drawer pulls: Amazon
- Black knobs: CB2
- 3 white ceramic vases (set of 3): Amazon | Wayfair
- Round cutting board (similar, same size): Amazon
- Barstools are from West Elm (mine are sold out so here are similar options or other ones I just like): #1 West Elm | #2 West Elm | #3 Wayfair | #4 Wayfair | #5 Wayfair | #6 CB2 | #7 World Market
- Island lights: Rejuvenation