Window seat lighting:
- Black swing-arm fixtures: Wayfair
- Similar lights: Wayfair | Rejuvenation | Rejuvenation
- Pillows: Woven Nook | Woven Nook | Woven Nook
- Large lumbar pillows: CB2
- Window seat cushion: Tutorial
- Paper mache bowls: Tutorial | Similar: Bloomist | McGee & Co
- Wood spheres: McGee & Co | Similar: Target (6″) | Target (4″)
- Clay links: Tutorial
- Decorative books: DIY | Similar: Target
- Wood beads: Amazon (beads) | Amazon | Tutorial
- Circular vase: H&M Home | Similar: Crate & Barrel
- Gray pot/vase: DIY | Similar: Pottery Barn
- Black vase (right of window seat): CB2
- Black vase (left of desk): DIY | Similar: West Elm
- White bowls: Tutorial | Similar: CB2
- Black bowl (similar): CB2
- Binoculars: old, belonged to my grandfather
- Interior doors (similar): Home Depot
- Interior door hardware (similar): Amazon | Build.com
- Shiplap: Tutorial & Info
- Paint colors: BM Simply White + SW Dorian Gray. Walls: flat, shiplap: satin.
- Shelving: custom. Designed by me, built by my dad.
- Flooring: laminate, Lionel by Evoke (possibly no longer available)
- Windows: SW Tricorn Black | Fiberglass, custom made
- Ceiling: 9-ft
- Present wrapping: Neutral Christmas Present Wrapping blog post
- Bells (similar): Pottery Barn | Amazon | Amazon | West Elm
- Reindeer: Crate & Barrel
- Paper tree: West Elm
- Wreath (similar): Pottery Barn | Crate & Barrel
To explore other rooms in our home, click here for our website roadmap.
To follow our daily progress and house projects, follow us on Instagram @ahousewebuilt.
Do you have a DIY on your chevron desk wall? thanks!
No, sorry. My dad made it and I usually just do tutorials on stuff I build myself. He made it out of plywood (it’s not traditional shiplap like I normally use on my projects).
Your house is stunning! May I ask where you got the inserts for the pillows?
Thank you 🙂
Thank you! I actually just used ones I’d had previously. I’m going to guess they were probably from like Amazon or Target or something.
Where did you purchase your built in shelving/desk? Or was it made? Beautiful!
We made it. In this room specifically, it was made by my dad. 🙂
Donna Givens says
Very beautiful! What color did you use for the accent piece your dad built?
Paint colors are listed in the post ^ 🙂
Christina P says
Is the window seat the same color as at back of the desk?
Yes it is
The horizontal ship lap against the window in the home office room does not look like Dorian gray nor simply white. Is this a different color?
Thank you for sharing your amazing work!!!!
The paint colors I listed are correct and the only ones we used in this room.
What light temperature do you use or do you re come say for recessed LED lights?
We always use 3000k
Your office is amazing! I really like the combination of the classic shiplap and the chevron pattern and the color scheme. Such a relaxing and sophisticated environment!
Thank you so much!
Can you show us how you organized the papers/files? Where do you keep them?
We actually have very little paper in our home. Neither of us have any work-related paper content as we do everything online. We do have a filing cabinet (not in our offices) where we keep certain important paperwork/docs etc but it’s not something we need to access very often and is organized very simply by year and/or document type.