We made the most delicious glazed Blueberry Lemon Cake/Loaf last night and it’s one of my easiest dessert recipes so I thought I’d share it if you wanted to try it out. The trick is that you need fresh blueberries and a fresh lemon on hand. If you have those, then this cake takes only about a few minutes to throw together and it is soooo good!! Here’s how to make it
First zest the peel of one lemon and juice it.
Mix dry ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Mix wet ingredients:
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup melted butter (or sunflower oil)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk (or soy milk)
- 2 dashes vanilla extract
Combine dry + wet ingredients.
Fold in 1/2 cup fresh blueberries & a big sprinkle of lemon zest (you can also add 1/2 cup chopped nuts if you want).
Bake in a greased 8×4 loaf pan at 350 for about an hour (do the poke test around 60 mins to check).
While it’s baking, make your glaze: 2 tbsp lemon juice + 2-3 tbsp sugar. Should be thick. Set aside.
As soon as it’s done baking, immediately brush the glaze over the cake while it’s HOT!!!
Allow to cool for 20-30 mins and enjoy!!!
- Loaf pan: Amazon
- Log serving platter (similar): Amazon | Wayfair | Crate and Barrel
- Long matte black drawer pulls: Amazon
- Short matte black drawer pulls: Amazon
- Black knobs: CB2
- 3 white ceramic vases (set of 3): Amazon | Wayfair
- Round cutting board (similar, same size): Amazon
- Rectangular cutting board: Amazon
- Utensil crock (white/tan): Wayfair
- Glass & twine vases (different sizes set): Amazon
- White cotton wreath (similar, my exact one is no longer available): Amazon
- Black island lights: Rejuvenation