This is a quick, easy, and delicious loaf recipe for when you’re craving all things cinnamon spice, pumpkin, and fall, but you don’t have a lot of time to bake. Prep only takes about 5 minutes and doesn’t require any fancy equipment, then it just bakes til done! Also, it makes your home smell AH-MAZING!!!
Note: I literally just mix the ingredients in a bowl with a fork so you don’t need to use a mixer!
- Preheat oven to 350 convection bake.
- Mix all your dry ingredients together in a bowl:
– 1 3/4 cup flour
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1 tsp salt
– 2 tsp cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp nutmeg
– 1/2 tsp ginger
– 1/4 tsp cloves
- Mix all your wet ingredients together in another bowl:
– 2 eggs
– 1/4 cup milk
– 1/3 cup white sugar *
– 1/3 cup brown sugar *
– 1/2 cup oil or melted butter
– 1 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
Note about the sugar: I generally put a bit less sugar than average in my loaves because I don’t like them too sweet. You can increase sugars to 1/2 cup each if you prefer. I’ve done it both ways.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients together and mix. Then add extras:
– Option: 1 cup raisins
– Option: 1 cup chocolate chips
– Option: 1 cup crushed walnuts
- Transfer to a greased glass loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 60 minutes (until the poke test comes out clean).
- Allow the loaf to cool for an hour before cutting into it.
- Topping options if you want to fancy it up a notch:
Option 1: drizzle a thick glaze of powdered sugar & milk over the top
Option 2: drizzle some melted chocolate (a mix of white/dark would be pretty)
Option 3: brush the top with oil/melted butter while still warm and coat the top with cinnamon sugar
Option 4: simple icing also always works
- White pedestal bowl: CB2 | Similar: Pottery Barn
- White flower stems: Amazon
- White pumpkin: Michaels
- Coasters (similar, same source): Crate & Barrel
- Loaf pan: Amazon
- Log serving platter (similar): Amazon