- Tree: Ikea | Similar: Crate & Barrel
- Rattan trees: CB2 | Similar: McGee & Co
- Red berries: Crate & Barrel
- Cedar greenery: Crate & Barrel
Furniture & lighting:
- Leather stools: Wayfair | Pottery Barn
- Light fixture: Bellacor | Y Lighting | Similar: Wayfair
- Console table: Tutorial | Similar: West Elm | Pottery Barn | Crate & Barrel | McGee & Co | Wayfair
- Mirror: made by my dad | Similar: CB2 | Pottery Barn | West Elm | Crate & Barrel | Crate & Barrel
- Coat rack: West Elm
- Zig-zag basket: West Elm
- Wood vases: H&M Home | Similar: Pottery Barn | West Elm | McGee & Co
- Faux pampas grass: CB2
- Metal vases: Crate & Barrel (lg) | Crate & Barrel (med)
- Greenery stems: Crate & Barrel
- Red berry stems: Crate & Barrel
- Christmas tree: Home Depot | Similar: Wayfair | Wayfair | Crate & Barrel | Crate & Barrel
- Large white chevron vase: Crate & Barrel
- Twirly wood stems: Crate & Barrel
- Smaller white textured vase: Crate & Barrel
- White oak with custom stain.
- Stain/paint: Tutorial: How to Stain Stairs & Paint Risers
- Railing: Tutorial: How to Build Industrial Stair Railings
- Doors are fiberglass and custom made. Paint color: SW Tricorn Black. Hardware via custom door maker.
- Entry mats: Costco
- Paint color: BM Simply White. Walls/ceiling: flat, trim/shiplap: satin.
- Flooring: laminate Lionel by Evoke (possibly no longer available)
- Windows: Fiberglass, custom made | Paint color: SW Tricorn Black
- Shiplap: Tutorial & Info
- Ceiling height: 20-ft
To explore other rooms in our home, click here for our website roadmap.
To follow our daily progress and house projects, follow us on Instagram @ahousewebuilt.
Jason Munro says
Thank you for sharing all the sourcing for the house. I may have just missed it but can you tell me the paint colour on the front door? It is an amazing blue, I absolutely need to know.
Thank you in advance.
It’s actually a very true black just shows blue with light reflections. It’s listed under FAQs on our home page.
I am sorry, I was looking at the FAQ’s and can’t seem to find the paint color for the exterior front door or the hardware for the front door. Do you mind specifying? Sorry
Whole house paint colors are listed on our home page below FAQs. Our doors are custom including hardware so they do not have a source.
Deanna e Hughes says
Beautiful entry doors! I looked but couldn’t find what brand they are; would you mind sharing again if I missed it?
Thank you so much!
They’re custom made so they don’t have a brand. 🙂
Meghan Wood says
Do you have a how-to for the custom made entry mirror? I absolutely LOVE it
I don’t yet, sorry. It’s easy for me to do tutorials on stuff we build ourselves, but my dad made that piece so it’s something I’d have to sit down with him to get the process on. I will probably go back and do these after we’re done the basement.
Meghan Wood says
No worries! Do you mind sharing the actual dimensions of the mirror piece without the frame? He did an amazing job!
I dont know exactly offhand but its around 12 feet tall. I’ll circle back to this after the basement for proper measurements and a tutorial.
Wondering about this for the last year as well! Lol
Mirror tutorial please! 😉
I know, I know lol
Hey! How wide is the double door?
Do you open both when coming in or just slip through one side? Thanks in advance!
It’s custom made (non standard size) so I honestly don’t remember offhand but we typically just use one of the doors. We’ve only opened both doors like 3 times ever.
What baseboards did you use?
They’re just flat boards.
I noticed the entry area floor mat/rug is not listed can you let me know where it’s from?
It’s literally just two plain black matts from like Costco or Target (I forget) that are layered. Sorry, at the time I got them I didn’t think anyone would be interested in them (haha but a lot of people have asked so I guess I was wrong). They’re nothing special though. I just layered them and then notched out the corners to get a bit more of a custom fit.
where did you get your stairway railing?
We made them: https://www.ahousewebuilt.com/railings/
I can see that the floors are white oak. Is there any other specifics on the flooring? They are so soft and beautiful. Thanks
No, the stairs are white oak. Our flooring material is different and also listed in the post ^ 🙂
Hi, could I know where to buy this entrance door handle please ? Thank you
Hi, it is mentioned in the post ^
I’m just wondering what system you use for heating and how did you decided on where to put the vents ?
The vents are generally placed wherever it made the most sense from an HVAC and circulation perspective. Then we tweaked the locations slightly in most cases to fit in with our design (centering things where possible, etc).